Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary to WNN

Eight years ago, I launched this site: Hard to believe I've been pounding away at wireless data stories this long. It's been quite enjoyable. Despite a severe drop in traffic in the last couple of years, I'm still finding enough to write about on a regular basis, and appreciate the loyal audience out there. I have a hard time believing this site will exist in this form in 2017, but I wouldn't have imagined it would have lasted this long in more or less the same format when I launched it with zero fanfare in 2001.

You can see the first real post from 7 April 2001 (in the current design framing, of course).

Happy Anniversary to WNN

["Eight Candles" photo by Windell H. Oskay, evilmadscientist.com, used via Creative Commons license. Link to original.]


802.11b Expires
Diane DeGarmo Stalker Denied Down Under
(E! Online)

Alaska Airlines Offers Free Oakland, Calif., Airport Wi-FI
Kanye says ‘South Park’ put him in check
(AP)